Friday, September 26, 2008

XingJiang Mosaic M31



Camera: 350D modified
Lens: Canon 400F5.6 Wide open
Mount: EM11USD3 manual guide, GA4
Guidescope: FS60C
Exposure: 2 pane mosaic, each 5min x7

Guess what, I had different focus between these 2 panes... the right pane focus was a bit off and hence the colour balance and star size is different in the raws. I spent a lot of time correcting and cheating my way to make it even...


Otherwise this is my first respectable M31 taken. The texture was quite good, also the colour balance. The same to all other images, I could have increased the exposure to like 2 hours each pane for an even better result. I could have also taken some short exposures of teh center part. However that night it was a mess as different factors came to interrupt.. also my body condition was not good enough to focus so intensively. I made quite a number of mistakes that night.

No comments: