Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Minute M31








Camera: 350D modified
Lens: Canon 135 F2 Wide open, on ball head Manfrotto 308RC
Mount: EM11USD3 manual guide, GA4
Guidescope: FS60C
Exposure: 5min x 7






This is a photo showing the quality of the 135mm lens. The corners are tack sharp, and the resolution is high with the M31 in the middle. I don't udnerstand why the colour of the Ha emissions inside the M31 is not shown. Nothing much could be improved maybe except increasing the exposure.




One can imagine that a 35min exposure on an F2 system equals to a 140min exposure on an F4 system.




3 comments:

Oldfield said...

Fantastic!!!

You make me feel that I should go for a 135mm f2 instead of that 200mm f2.8...

paulimer said...

You bought the 200 2.8 for eclipse... I bought it for deepsky, not quite the same =)

I'm quite sure there are some pretty good pictures out there taken with the 200.

Oldfield said...

You know with my TG-SP II and my laziness, f2 and the shorter focal length should be more suitable for me.

Originally I hope that the 200mm can do the eclipse for me with a 2x, and thus to make it more versatile, but now I know that it's just a wishful thinking, due to the internal reflection.