Sunday, November 23, 2008

Orion small-scale Mosaic



Sigh.... I forgot to change the battery when shooting my last frame.

3 frames mosaic
Upper and middle frame: 1min x 60

Lower frame : 1min x 37


I have learnt so much these two weeks shooting from my home in downtown Hong Kong. Although some encouraging results are obtained, more invaluable lessons are taken.


Firstly, I now FULLY appreciate the value of dark and transparent skies. I really couldn't imagine how well these photos can be if they are shot under a dark and clear sky. I compared the photos I took this week and the ones taken indoors last week. The interesting thing is the ones taken last week, despite taken indoors and have much less exposure, are actually clearer, deeper, and more colourful than what was taken this week. This is solely due to the difference in transparency.


Secondly, despite the seemly good results, I actually have less motivation in shooting from my roof (unless the sky is REALLY transparent) after these 2 rounds. It is because I am now very much aware of the limits of this kind of imaging.


Thirdly, I will not use ISO200 on my 350D again...


Finally, the fact that I finished some mosaics despite under these harsh conditions really encourages me to do it in the fields.

No comments: