Tuesday, November 11, 2008

M42 indoors

Inspired by a local amateur, also tempted by the excellent weather, I setup my mount and scope at 9pm and decided to wake up at 4am to shoot the M42 this morning, from inside my home window.

Some major stuff to note:

1) I'm glad I'm a guy who can wake up at anytime given a purpose...

2) I spent like half an hour polar aligning, without using a polar scope (shoot indoors), without having a guidescope, super crude drifting method

3) I dare not attempt more than 30sec exposure...

4) After everything is set up and running, I came to the computer and started checking emails, facebook, xanga, typing this blog, you name it...

At this point of writing I may have had around 15min of exposure already

Update01: I'm trying to be the first person shooting the Horsehead nebula from indoors... I'll try that again tmr when I have more time.

Update 02: a total of 23min of exposure was done on the M42...

The result:


No comments: