Tuesday, November 18, 2008

In case of good weather...

The weather forecast is quite promising. Tomorrow night and the night after will be pretty clear and I am hoping to expand the urban deepsky shooting project. (A local amateur called me metro deepsky shooting...)

The plan goes like this. There are 3 things that I wanted to do, and I have 3 shooting hours each night.

1) Orion Belt + M42 mosaic. I need 4 frames covering that area, each frame will cost me 1.5 hours, and that will take both nights.

2) Deep 42. Encouraged by the M42 results from last week, I'm confident that If i increase the exposure to 3 hours, the background nebulosity could be brought out. I could just shoot 3 hours for one night or 6 hours for 2

3) Horsehead. Similar to Deep42.

4) Rosette. Similar to Deep 42.

So I could do a 4 pane mosaic, or do 1 or 2 deep shots...

Umm...

No comments: